1 cup Quinoa
1 3/4 cups water
salt to taste
1 medium onion, diced
1″ piece of ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp mustard seeds, cracked
2 cups assorted chopped vegetables
- carrots, finely chopped or minced
- bell pepper
- green beans
Seasonings to taste:
- chili powder
- black pepper
- mango powder
- a pinch of ginger powder
- 1 tsp curry powder or Garanj Masala
- Combine 1 cup Quinoa with 1 3/4 cups room temperature water in a saucepan with salt to taste. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer or “slow roll” for 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool with the lid on to absorb all of the water.
- In a separate cooking pot saute the onions, ginger, garlic, cumin and mustard seeds on medium heat until medium brown.
- Mix in chopped vegetables, and add seasonings to taste before covering the pot with a lid and cook until the veggies are cooked, but not mushy.
- Add the cooked quinoa, mix well & serve with yogurt and/or limes if desired.
Vancouver, British Columbia